Old Laboratory, 1782–1888
This barnlike brick structure was made to demonstrate its versatility over its 106-year life. It was first the college dining hall and kitchen, and later became the laboratory of famed chemist Benjamin Silliman. Not long before it was torn down, it was the first home of the Yale Co-Op from 1885 to 1887. Beside the building sat the College Pump, a campus meeting place.